Friday, January 27, 2012

MAXIMUS

my son will not eat. i probably wouldn't worry too much about it but the doctor always tells me that he is too skinny and he is pretty little. he finally started taking about 15 oz of formula and nursing twice a day and he did this for about a week but then he got the flu. he threw up for one night and had icky diapers for a couple of days and now he won't eat. since sunday...he has only been taking about 6 oz a day and i have to force him to take that! i don't know what to do for sure. he has only had 2 wet diapers today and those were barely, a tiny little bit wet. i am really freaking out!! i tried for almost and hour to get him to nurse or take a bottle before bed and he just refused. i feel like i am going to lose my mind. i cry myself to sleep almost every night because i can't get him to eat and i fell like i am killing him. i don't know what to do.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Try pedialite, or even popsicles. When Christopher had salmonella, he wouldn't eat, either. We had to do pedialite to keep him hydrated, and even then I had to force it down him. If he's not better by tomorrow, take him to Instacare or emergency.

Tenille said...

Thanks AMber. I am just not sure what to do. He hasn't nursed for three days either and for the first day or so I was really sore but now I am not so I am afraid that my milk is gone. He can't have dairy so we have him on soy milk. He is just little so I worry that even a few days will be bad. I gave him some gatorade today and some crackers and he FINALLY took about 10 oz of formula. Still not a lot but I am hoping that it will just keep getting better. Grey is sick too but he still wants to eat....well, poptarts and oranges at least. :) I got some sleep too and Mike has been home today so Momma is feeling a little more sane and a little less weepy today. God hears prayers that is for sure.

Amber said...

I'm glad he is doing a bit better! It's so scary when these little ones don't do what they are supposed to! I hope he continues to do better! Let us know if you need anything!

Tenille said...

Thanks Amber. I will. It is sad to see them so sad and they can't tell you what they need. I hope you are all healthy and happy. It sounds like this stuff is going around and it is nasty!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Being sick will take his appetite; I wouldn't worry too much over a few days. Just try what you can from bottles; is he eating any pureeds?

Stick with it beautiful mom, everything will be okay!

Tenille said...

Thanks Sabrina! He does eat solid foods but he is really picky. I just get comments all the time about how small he is and how skinny he is...the doctor too. I worry because I have never had a skinny baby before! I know it is silly but I am afraid that maybe I am doing something wrong. However, his appetite has returned! He won't nurse any more but he is taking bottles and he is eating again...well as much as he ever did. Thanks for you support! We will survive...I hope. :)

Contributors