Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gettin' old!

Sigh.....I have been running every day and trying to build my endurance back up. I really want to be able to run 2-3 miles, about 3 times a week. I also hope that it will help me lose some weight. : ) I think that I have been doing pretty good. I haven't missed any days at all for two weeks!! But today was a really rough day. For some reason my knee was sooooo sore today! I just about died when I started to run and I really wanted to cry, but I ran my mile today and then came home and didn't eat the cake that I wanted to. Sigh. But now my knee is still aching, aching, and aching some more. I don't know why. It hasn't been hurting until tonight. BUT...I am not going to stop. I am going to just dig my old brace out and keep trying. I need some new shoes too. I don't want to give up. I have been really enjoying it!! It gives me time to vent frustration and just release and be by myself, do something GOOD for my self. I just enjoy it. I just wish that my body would get with the program! Doesn't it know that I am not ready to get old and creaky yet?

3 comments:

Holli said...

I was reading an article on runner's world and it mentioned that aches are pretty common for beginning runners. It suggests icing your aches after your workout. Maybe that will help?? If you have a chance in your busy schedule. :)

Tenille said...

Ice huh? At least it is gettin warm again!

Anonymous said...

My knees hurt right away too, then I got new shoes and that went away but now (7 months later) the sides of my calf hurt. I went to the tech shop and they told me I might not be using my bum when i run. How depressing. That was one of the reasons why I started running. I got a new pair today because they also said that could be the problem.

Contributors