Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Water break through!!

Corbin has started taking swimming lessons again this year but we decided to take him to the Peak. They are a little more expensive but we hoped that they would be better with kids since that is what they do. And...I think they are! Corbin's first experience with swimming lessons was BAD, VERY BAD!!! He was terrified and we didn't think that he would ever get in the water again. Then last year he took lessons at the Brigham pool with Elise and Jacob Richards and he seemed to do ok. BUT....the lifeguards weren't very good with the kids and Corb still wouldn't put his head under the water or even put his face in the water. So...I was nervous about this year but he did great!! Monday was his first lesson and he got right in the water. He even did the diving game that they wanted him to do and he put his face all the way in the water to blow bubbles!! He was so brave! The teachers are great too. They were so good and patient with the kids! Corb can't wait to go back today. Then when we got home I taught him how to take a shower. He was nervous but I think that he started to like it a little so maybe I can get him to shower after swimming and soon he will be doing it all on his own!! Yeah!! No more baths! (our tub takes about 3 YEARS to fill up!) Anyway, I was proud. I never learned how to swim and I am a little afraid of water and I am determined that my kids won't be that way.

2 comments:

Heather Rose said...

woot woot!! to Corbin :)
I'm a little jealous i wish Austin would just buck up and try it:( some day oh well

Holli said...

Yay! I'm glad he's starting to like it. I love swimming so I hope he grows to love it too!

Contributors