Thursday, April 23, 2009

MY BABIES

I never really knew for sure if I liked being a stay-at-home mom or not. I knew I loved my kids but I always wondered if I wanted more than that. You know, a career and stuff. Well, I have almost made it through a week of work and I think that I found my answer. Finally. I like working. I like Curves and visiting with the people and working out there. I also like taking care of the elderly at Ali's Angels. I get a feeling of fulfillment and I really like helping them and their families. I can make a difference in their lives by being there for them and serving them. And....I am good at it! Maybe that is prideful to say but I really am good at it. I LIKE IT!! But....then I come home and see my boys, all of them. I see them playing and I hear them laughing and I know that I am missing something. I come through the door and I can't wait to hold them and talk to them and play with them. They need me. Do you know, Mike forgot to feed them dinner tonight? He thought that I fed them before I left and I did but that was at noon! Whoops!! He is great with the kids but sometimes he forgets little things like food. LOL The other night he put them to bed without their stuffed animals and their blankies. He didn't know why Ike was sad. And it is okay because he hasn't had to do those things as often before so He just didn't know. But I do. I know what toys the boys like to sleep with. I know what they like to eat. I know how Grey likes to sleep and when he likes to sleep. I know that sometimes he just likes to lay on the floor and watch his brothers. I know that Ike doesn't like his feet covered during his nap. And I know that Corb needs boundaries on the video games! I know them because THAT IS MYJOB! I am their MOM. Hey, I love my time out and my other jobs. I don't mind helping my hubby out until he gets back on his feet. I will probably always have a little job on the side but...I am a stay-at-home mom. I love it and I know that each day is differant and some will be worse than others but I don't care. I am a stay-at-home Mom. I am.

1 comment:

Holli said...

I'm sorry Mike forgot to feed the boys. But I'm glad you feel so connected to your boys.

Contributors